Above Property Systems Workgroup
From HTNG Connectivity Wiki
This effort seeks to address the lack of a common framework and aid in information sharing for above property situations. This workgroup will create a framework of differentiating factors that define an above property solution, checklists and a list of considerations for going above property.
Most Recent Workgroup Charter Outline
The hotel industry is lacking a common framework and the necessary information for above property solutions to operate effectively. Additionally, there is no common understanding of the expectations among the various parties (hotels, brands, application providers, cloud service providers, etc.) around critical issues such as data ownership, security, termination rights, and support.
Many application developers lack awareness of software design considerations for above-property operations. There is a lack of interoperability when there is a greater need for it, and there are concerns around security, commingling of data in multi-tenant databases, offline fallback, and legacy solutions that have been in place for a long time.
This workgroup proposes to create a framework of differentiating factors that define an above property solution that the industry should care about. One goal is to identify best practices for implementing systems above property. Another goal is for any two applications to be able to use the framework and determine how to architect interoperability between systems, at both the technical and business levels. The framework will include a checklist of things that might or might not matter in an on-premise situation, but do become important in an above-property setting, a list of considerations when going above property, and a glossary of terms.
- Above Property Systems Framework - including best practices, checklist, list of considerations and glossary of terms – projected to be complete in April 2015
- Case study of real-world example(s) of the Framework - projected to be complete in October 2015
- Brian Alessi, Delaware North Companies
- Lo Li, InterContinental Hotel Group
- Bryan Steele, Royal Automobile Club
Acting Facilitator: Patrick Dunphy
This workgroup meets weekly on Tuesdays at 10:00 AM EDT. For information about future events, check the HTNG Meeting & Event Calendar.
Categories of participation:
- Required - hoteliers and vendors of core systems, including PMS,event management, F&B, etc.
- Desirable - telecommunication vendors, cloud service providers, performance acceleration monitoring providers, security and privacy consultants (PCI representation)
- Join an HTNG Workgroup - Join this workgroup
- Join an HTNG Mailing list - Join a mailing list only
- Become an Advisor - Join the workgroup as Business Advisor, if eligible
- Join the Software Forum - Join the Forum under which this workgroup operates
Key Documents & Other Useful Information
- Draft outline of the Above Property Framework document - members only